Our Heartspun Homeschool

Our Heartspun Homeschool

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mr. C turn's 7!!

So today we celebrated my boy turning 7 years old! What fun we had today at Focus on the Family. We love going there to play, so when we found out you can reserve a party room for FREE we decided it would be a great place to have a party. Especially when there will be lots of rambunctious energetic boys! Upon deciding to have a Scooby Doo party, my friend Vanessa generously offered to make Mr. C's cake for practice…and of course I said YES! And as you will see she did an AMAZING job making him the BEST 3-D “Mystery Machine” cake I have ever seen! And it was so yummy too!! The kids all played and played for the first 30 minutes of the party. They have a GIANT slide that has lots of loops and actually goes outside the building that the big kids went on about a dozen times. After playing, we went into the party room for cake and presents…I seriously did not want to cut into that cake- it was too pretty!! So I finally did and everyone LOVED it! Colby opened all his gifts and loved all of them, when we got home he asked me if I thought he would be able to play with them eventually. I said I think he would find time. Mr. C’s new friend L came a bit late…but he and his family hung out with us for more playing and lunch, which was super fun. Overall I think it was a success and was SO much easier than the girls parties we had this year, since I didn’t have to prep my house for a party. C spent the rest of the day putting together Lego’s, trying out new games, holding onto Scooby, and bugging asking me to take him to Toy’s R Us to buy a new Wii game that he finally saved up enough money for (mostly thanks to his birthday). Every time he got a card for his birthday he couldn’t wait to see how much more he would add to his stash. (The game is Lego Star Wars the Clone Wars & costs $50) Well between his party today and Auntie R’s card coming today he had what he would need to buy it…so of course he wanted to go immediately- but he will have to wait till tomorrow. He was ok with it, don’t worry...







Sara

No comments: