Our Heartspun Homeschool

Our Heartspun Homeschool

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Stick with it Saturday!!!


I am starting a new weekly series that goes along with one from one of my favorite blogs Sam's Noggin- she is a homeschooling mom of many much like myself. She has been on a weight loss journey for a while and is constantly trying to better herself. I believe part of being a good mate to my husband is to make sure I am healthy and in good shape- this is good for me and my self-esteem as well, I am needing a little motivation to keep up my workouts through the summer (especially since I took 2 months off). Having my husband home and dealing with the summer heat is very un-motivating- but I am back in the saddle and ready to melt some pounds away!! Feel free to join me in trying to be more healthy and exercise regularly- you can make a comment sharing what workouts you have done in the last week if you like, or just check-in to see how I am doing!!

This week I did only my elliptical- I am hoping to venture into some strength training using my workout videos next week- but wanted to start out easy just getting back into the routine.
Monday- 35 min. elliptical + 200 crunches
Tuesday- 35 min. elliptical + 200 crunches
Wednesday- walked around an amusement park all day (does this count??)
Thursday- 35 min. elliptical + 200 crunches
Friday- 35 min. elliptical + 200 crunches

WOW I didn't realize how boring my workouts are!!! I have tried to watch what I eat more this past week as well. I probably tend to over-eat because my skin and bone husband eats a lot and has a super fast metabolism so I always want to eat as much as he does and I just can't do that anymore!! My goal for this next week is:

- to watch my portions and make good food choices
- do 2 exercise videos during the week and 3 days on the elliptical

How did you do on your workouts this week??

3 comments:

Patricia D. said...

Workouts???? Ugh.... does going to an estate sale and several garage sales count? Oh forgot, we played golf Thursday night. I walked from the golf cart onto the green and back 9 times (they won't let you drive up to the ball on the green.lol) AND a couple of times, I walked on the fairway to my ball instead of riding since it wasn't that far away. lol (Fortunately or unfortunately however you want to look at it, that is happening less and less as I get better. I will do better next week. You have already encouraged me to start menu planning again. I used to do that when I taught. Anyway, good luck and will look forward to reading your posts re your progress!

The Camouflage Sunflower said...

You can do it!!
Chuck and I started a program called Power90. It's by Beachbody. Day 2 and I am sore, but it's a good sore. I also am using My Fitness Pay to track my progress. You can put in your goals and it will give you how many calories you should eat each day to lose the weight all with tracking your exercise. It's motivation for me. I was eating WAY too much each day.

Sam said...

You are doing a fabulous job! Thanks for linking up!