Our Heartspun Homeschool

Our Heartspun Homeschool

Friday, July 6, 2012

24 hours child-free!!!




Last weekend the husband and I were able to run away to Denver...by ourselves!!! We do this about once a year and always have so much fun together. We have real adult conversations without being interrupted- it's amazing! I usually get very little no kid time; since we homeschool I have a kiddo with me at all times. Even during sleeping hours- we have a 4 year old who likes to sneak in...every.single.night. (we have tried a million things-nothing keeps her out) I pretty much love every moment (except the getting in my bed thing) - it's become my normal and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I digress, we called up Grammy and said can you come watch the kids so we can get away...she said sure! Saweet! So we left as quick as we could, before she changed her mind and remembered about Sadie's getting into bed with people! 

We left on a Friday afternoon and headed to our hotel..it was nice. We got everything situated, then got ready for dinner- Sushi! My man loves me a whole lot cause I say Sushi and he makes reservations! We took the light rail to downtown Denver so we wouldn't have to drive in traffic on a Friday eve. It had glorious AC and it was fun to be able to sit and chat for 45 minutes while we were on the trip.  We went to Sushi Sasa- super yummy and highly recommended!!! It was a little noisy because they cram people in Japanese restaurants like its nobody's business...I did see another room that looked all quiet and dimly lit- but I assumed it was for important people. We had a good time none-the less. We got tempura Avocado...what is better than that?!? I got my usual Spicy tuna rolls and Jeff got something much more raw fishy..he is way more adventurous than me when it comes to sushi. After that we walked around a little bit before taking the light rail back to the hotel. The next day we relaxed, roamed the mall, roamed Ikea (found an awesome new work station for our homeschool room), browsed the bookstore, then grabbed a late lunch and headed home. The kids didn't miss us- next time we will take a little longer to come home- like maybe another day.

I didn't take many pictures cause well, there wasn't much that was super exciting! Here are some from the restaurant - I didn't want to use my camera flash and draw attention to us, so you have to settle for cell phone pictures!

He's way HOT!


YUMMY!

He said I could post this!!

No comments: