Our Heartspun Homeschool

Our Heartspun Homeschool

Friday, February 10, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oreo cookies!!!


 So I found this idea on Pintrest- and decided to try it to take to a ladies hang out night! I used MY Chocolate Chip cookie recipe because I love it and its altered for high altitude already. So I started with a scoop of dough under and on top of the Oreo and it just looks weird, like one cookie on top of the other. So I suggest NOT doing it this way!


Next I tried doing the scoops the same way but forming them around the Oreo cookie.
 This worked better. 

They taste good right out of the oven, but the Oreo doesn't add too much more flavor to the cookie. Once they are completely cooled- they are WAY better!!! The cream center is probably the best! So they were yummy and I'm sure will be faster to make the next time I make them since I know more of what I am doing! I'm not adding an actual recipe- because my suggestion would be to just use a basic (Nestle Toll House) Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and get the Oreo's and form the dough around the Oreo. Then bake at 350* for 10 min. Let them sit on the pan for a min, then put them on a cooling rack. Enjoy!!!



 Sara

3 comments:

The Camouflage Sunflower said...

I tried these a few months ago. Needless to say I did blog about mine, because they didn't turn out very nice looking! Can't wait to try yours. They look great!!

Sarah said...

I've been wanting to try these too...I'm not a very good baker though so maybe I'll just come eat some of yours! Hope you are feeling better Sara. Would love to get together with you...the kids have been asking and I could use some "grown-up" conversation!

Sara said...

They were MUCH better after they cooled off then right out of the oven!!! And yes Sarah!!!! I will text you and we can plan a time...and I will make more cookies, cause we ate them all!!!!