Friday, February 10, 2012
With 2 little girls in the house, we have hair accessories coming out our ears!! Especially headbands, since my big girl has been sporting a shorter hair-do. My mom suggested using an oatmeal box, so I googled a little and found an idea to try. I used a medium sized oatmeal box with lid, 2 pieces of scrapbook paper, Mod Podge (gloss), and some ribbon.
1. First take the paper label off the box.
2. Measure your scrapbook paper and cut it to fit- mine took 2 pieces but was a little long, so I had to cut off the bottom a bit.
3. Next get a sponge brush or paint brush and use the Mod Podge to glue the two pieces of paper together and to make the right size.
4. After that has dried brush the Mod Podge on the back of the scrapbook paper and wrap it around the oatmeal box - make sure you glue the whole paper on, so you dont have any parts that are not glued.
5. Glue down any seams of the paper - you can glue right on top of the seams because they will dry clear (thats what Mod Podge is for) .
6. After that has dried you can get some ribbon and glue that completely down, and I added a bow as well.
7. The headbands fit nicely on the box and if you want you can store other hair items inside the box!!