Our Heartspun Homeschool

Our Heartspun Homeschool

Friday, September 19, 2014

Pumpkin Pie French Toast




My kids have been begging for french toast for breakfast the last few days. I told them they have to wake up and not be staaaaarving...for me to make it because they cannot have two breakfasts. So they decided to comply and were very patient while I made it this morning. I have found lots of recipes all with this title for french toast but none I loved, so I decided to mash a couple together and do some tweaking and came up with my own. I liked it, the kids LOVED it...next time I'm gonna add a wee bit more pumpkin so we can taste more of it.

You will need:

A loaf of texas toast
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4-1/2 cup of pumpkin ( I only used the 1/4)
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
1t cinnamon
1t vanilla

*Butter, powdered sugar & syrup*

Mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin, spices and vanilla together.

Warm up your skillet or griddle and spray it or put some oil on it.

Dip bread in mixture and kind of soak it and put it in the pan.. after a couple minutes turn it over and do the same on the other side, make sure the egg is cooked good on both sides. 

Butter each piece, add a sprinkling of powdered sugar and some syrup and enjoy!! My kiddos sure did!!! Look at those empty plates!!!



1 comment:

Patricia D. said...

What a great idea for that leftover pumpkin when you don't need the whole can for a recipe. Will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.