Our Heartspun Homeschool

Our Heartspun Homeschool

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Practically Perfect Pumpkin Snicker-doodles



I bought some pumpkin Snicker-doodles at Wal-Mart the other day because we had company and my girls couldn't eat the pie we were having because it had traces of nuts in it. The cookies were good, but a little too pumpkiny for our liking. I searched online and couldn't find a recipe I was happy with. I found one but it had no cream of tarter in it, and that is a main ingredient of snicker-doodles, so i was skeptical it would be like I wanted. I decided to alter my regular snicker-doodle recipe and see how it goes. It went very well and my family loves them. Hopefully you will like them too.

1 C butter (softened)
1 1/2 C sugar
1 C pumpkin
2 t vanilla
2 eggs
2 3/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
2 t cream of tartar
1/2 t nutmeg
1t cinnamon

Seperate small bowl:
3T sugar
2 t cinnamon

Cream butter and sugar together in a Kitchen Aid mixer. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing. Then add in pumpkin. Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and mix together. Add those into the mixer with the wet ingredients. After mixing well put in the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill. Pre-heat oven to 400*. Get a scoop of cookie dough and roll into a ball and roll in cinnamon/sugar then place onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, take off pan and cool on wire rack. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Patricia D. said...

Will give them a try. Thanks for sharing.