Our Heartspun Homeschool

Our Heartspun Homeschool

Monday, October 26, 2020

Homemade Granola

 Just recently I've started following a few large family YouTube channels that give great ideas to help a bigger than average clan run smoothly. I'm always looking for recipes that are cheaper and easy to make. I'm a huge meal planner and organizer, so I'm hoping to make some posts about that in the future. I'm also throwing around the idea of switching over to a YouTube channel, but I'm not sure people want to see me on video rambling on. This recipe is one I got from one of my favorite Vlogs, Our Tribe of Many. Sarah has some great recipes and ideas and this is one of them. I bought a gigantic bowl off of Amazon and as you will see in the pictures it works great for putting this all together. If you don't need a batch this big, just half the recipe. You will also see my baggie holders in use. I use these mainly for making freezer meals. They are a super great "kitchen gadget" as my son Henry likes to call it. ( I am not being compensated for promoting baggie holders and I will get nothing if you order one from the amazon link)

Baggie Holders


Homemade granola

12 C oats

1/2 C flour

1 T cinnamon

1/2 t nutmeg

1 C coconut oil

1 C honey

optional: Raisins or chocolate chips

Mix the dry ingredients together.

Microwave your honey and coconut oil together.

Pour over the dry ingredients.

Mix well.

Add raisins or chocolate chips.

Grease two cookie/baking sheets (this is very important, if you forget you will regret it)

Put mixture in one layer on baking sheets, the thinner the layer the crunchier your granola will be.

Bake at 325* for 18 minutes. The second batch will go for about a minute less. 









No comments: